Super Easy Gluten-Free Easter Cookies
Is there anything better than homemade cookies? Well, how about gluten-free homemade cookies…
With Easter around the corner, it seems only fitting to share an easy-to-make, colourful cookie recipe. Your family will love it both now and at any other time of the year!
- 1 tbsp Lifestyle Food Flax Flour
- 3 tbsp filtered water
- ½ cup margarine softened
- 3/4 cup organic brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup Lifestyle Food All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- ¾ tsp Lifestyle Food Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Lifestyle Food Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp finely ground sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp sprinkles
- ½ cup Lifestyle Food Sugar-Free Candy Buttons
- Flakey sea salt
- Place your oven rack in the centre of the oven, preheat to 180 degrees and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the flax flour and water and then set it aside to gel, for about five minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the margarine until light and fluffy and then add the brown sugar. Continue beating until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the flax mixture and vanilla and stir until well incorporated. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, stir together the gluten-free flour, baking soda, baking powder, sprinkles and salt. Add half of it to the margarine mixture and mix until combined. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Separate the dough into 10 evenly-sized balls.
- Place the balls on the baking sheets about 2-3 cm apart and add sugar-free candy buttons on top.
- Bake the cookies for 8 minutes and then remove them from the oven. Raise your centre rack a few inches. Drop the baking sheets onto the counter from about 4-5″ inches to deflate the cookies.
- Bake for an additional 6-8 minutes until the edges are golden. Remove and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before carefully transferring them onto a cooling rack.