This is the perfect summer snack or light, fresh and flavoursome accompaniment to any high-protein lunch.
Why we love it:
Apple cider vinegar or ACV contains acetic acid, which purportedly has antibacterial properties, as well as a variety of antioxidants in the form of catechin, gallic acid, caffeic, and chlorogenic acid.
Berries are the ideal fruits to add sweetness to your breakfast because they have low sugar content. That means you get a daily dose of beneficial vitamins, minerals, and fibre from a natural source, without the spike in blood sugar levels.
- 4 cups watermelon, cut into chunks
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 6 fresh strawberries, quartered
- 3 cups fresh mixed greens
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp Lifestyle Food Himalayan Crystal Salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp Lifestyle Food Flaxseeds
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Lifestyle Food Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Lifestyle Food Cold Pressed Flax Oil
- In a large bowl, toss together the watermelon, blueberries, strawberries, mixed greens and lemon zest. Set aside in the fridge to chill for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Allow to chill in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Take the salad and dressing from fridge. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently toss together and serve.