What better way to start the day than with a stack of delicious strawberry pancakes?
- 30g freeze-dried strawberries
- 2 cups Lifestyle Food Cake Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Lifestyle Food Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2+ cup Lifestyle Food Long Life Milk
- 2 tbsp Lifestyle Food Whey Protein
- 1/4 cup Lifestyle Food Coconut Oil
- 1 egg
- red food colouring (optional)
- Add the freeze-dried strawberries to a food processor. Pulse until they’re a fine powder.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, whey protein and salt. Then stir in the strawberry powder.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Add the milk, oil and egg to the well.
- Use a whisk to mix together the dry and wet ingredients until smooth. Stir in red food colouring if desired.
- Pour batter onto a greased, hot pancake pan.
- Flip the pancakes when the bubbles form on top of the pancake. Cook the second side until golden brown.
- Serve pancakes with whipped cream, fresh strawberries and syrup.