Gluten-Free Almond and Fig Tart
For the crust:
1 cup Lifestyle Food Gluten-Free Cake Flour
½ tsp Lifestyle Food Ground Himalayan Salt
½ cup cold butter cut into small pieces
2 – 4 tbsp ice water
For the figs:
8 large figs cut in half
- Heat the oven to 180C and grease a pie dish.
- In a bowl, mix the flour and salt, then add in the butter and rub together with your fingers until a fine crumb forms. You can also do this in a food processor.
- Add in the egg and 2 tbsp ice water and mix together until smooth. You can add a little more water if need be.
- Form the pie dough into a disk, place in a Tupperware and put in the fridge for 1 hour. Then take out, roll, and lay over the greased pie dish. Poke a few small holes in the base. Then line with wax paper and fill with dried beans or rice and bake blind in the oven for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, start with the almond filling, whisk the butter and sugar together, then add in the egg and essences and flours and blend until smooth. Pour into the prepared pie crust and smooth.
- Slice all the figs in half and place inside up on the almond filling. Put the pie in the oven and bake for a further 20 minutes until the almond filling has risen and turned golden brown and the figs are beautiful and juicy.