Falafel Quinoa Burger
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 ½ cup cubes and cooked sweet potato
½ cup cooked quinoa
1 cup soaked Lifestyle Food Chickpeas
½ cup all-purpose flour
⅓ cup almond flour
¼ cup nutritional yeast
½ tsp garlic flakes
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground
Salt and pepper
Lifestyle Food Vegan Mayonnaise
Beet hummus for serving
1. Place the chickpeas in water with 1 tsp bicarbonate de soda and some salt, bring to a simmer and let the chickpeas cook a little until al denté.
2. Remove and place ¾ of the chickpeas, sweet potatoes, nutritional yeast in a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Place the falafel dough in a bowl, fold in the rest of the chickpeas, cooked quinoa, flours, spices salt and pepper.
4. Make use of some flour to mould the patties, fry in some olive oil until crispy.
5. Serve the patties on a crispy bun, vegan mayonnaise, avocado, fresh cilantro, beet hummus and toasted sesame seeds.