Couscous Stuffed Peppers
The perfect side for your next braai, or even a light meal for those hot summer days.
- 1 cup wholewheat couscous topped with boiling water and some salt
- 4 peppers of choice de-seeded and sliced lengthways.
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup black olives
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried cumin
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil to serve
- Pesto to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the washed and sliced peppers on a baking paper lined with baking paper.
- Drizzle with oil, salt and pepper and place in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- Place the couscous in the microwave or stovetop to cook for 10 minutes, once cooked, mix in the diced sundried tomatoes, olives and dried spices. Stuff the peppers and bake for another 8-10 minutes.
- Seve with fresh basil and a tsp of pesto.