Apple Crumble Oats and Honey
When that apple pie craving hits, you need to find a way to curb it. What better way to do so than with a warm bowl of Apple Crumble Oats and Honey?
1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 medium crisp apple, diced
3 tbsp honey plus a little more to drizzle over
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
pinch of salt
2 cups water
1 cup old Lifestyle Food Gluten Free Oats
1/2 cup chopped Lifestyle Food Walnuts
1/2 cup Lifestyle Food Almond Milk
- In a saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add the apples, and the honey and sprinkle in the spices and salt.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the apples are soft.
Pour in the water and bring to a low boil.
- Add the oats and reduce the heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 3 more minutes.
- Add the walnuts and continue cooking until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Divide the oatmeal between two bowls, drizzle with a little more honey, and splash milk into each bowl.