Butternut Chickpea Curry with Polenta Sweetcorn Fingers
This delicious butternut chickpea curry comes together easily. It’s mild, savoury-sweet, and plant-based. Perfect for weeknights!
2 cups butternut slightly cooked and cubed
1 cup cooked Lifestyle Food Chickpeas
1 small red onion
1-2 tbsp Lifestyle Food Olive Oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp mustard seeds
1-2 tsp turmeric
1 crushed garlic clove or garlic flakes
1 can of coconut milk
1 can of cherry tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
Polenta sweetcorn fingers
1 1/2 cup Lifestyle Food Dry Polenta
1 cup water (more if needed)
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
Salt to taste
- Add a dollop of olive oil to a pan, add the diced onion, spices and fry until fragrant.
- Add in the butternut, chickpeas, coconut milk and canned cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the curry simmer for a bit, before serving with cooked bulgar wheat, limes, crispy chickpeas, coconut cream, pomegranate jewels, mixed seeds and polenta fingers.
For the polenta fingers
- Add all of the ingredients to a pot, and bring to a simmer, whisking to avoid clots.
- once cooked after 8-10 minutes pour into a square ramekin and place in the fridge to set.
- Once set, remove, slice into fingers and fry until crispy.