Almond Date Bran Rusks
Easy to make and even easier to eat… These rusks are a winner all around.
- 3 cups brown sugar
- ⅓ cup Lifestyle Food Flax Seed Flour mixed with equal amounts of water
- 1 cup margarine melted
- 1 tbsp Lifestyle Food Apple Cider Vinegar
- 500ml Good Hope Soy Milk
- 1 kg self-raising flour
- 5 cups All-Bran Flakes
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
Extra add in’s
- 1 cup mixed seeds
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a big mixing bowl add the flour, bran, baking powder, salt and extra add-ins.
- In another bowl add the wet ingredients, and sugar and let it curdle for 5 minutes before adding it to the dry ingredients.
- Mix everything well with a spatula until well incorporated
- Scoop in to two bread tins, sprinkle on more seeds and sugar and bake for 40-45 minutes until brown.
- Once cooked, remove to cool in the bread pans.
- Once cool, remove and slice into fingers before placing on baking trays to dry out in the oven for 3/4 hours at 110 degrees Celsius.
- Store in airtight containers in a dry place for up to three weeks.