Super Easy White Sauce
Whether you need something to spruce up your rice and veggies or simply add to a pasta sauce, the white sauce ticks all the boxes.
- 1/2 tub fat-free cottage cheese (smooth)
- 1 cup Lifestyle Food Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/3 cup Lifestyle Food Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Lifestyle Food Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp Lifestyle Food Xanthan Gum
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dried oregano and basil to finish it off
- Add the cottage cheese and almond milk to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the nutritional yeast, spices and xanthan gum to the blender and blend for about 30 seconds. You will notice that the xanthan gum will start to thicken the mixture relatively quickly.
- Lastly, stir in the dried herbs.
- Use it as a pasta sauce, pour over veggies or use it as a sauce for your lean proteins.