Salmon Asparagus Wraps
Your daily boost of essential fatty acids all neatly wrapped up in a tasty and convenient meal.
Why we love it:
Asparagus is a low-calorie source of folate, potassium, and vitamin C. It also contains fructooligosaccharides (FOS), which promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the colon and the stalk is packed full of antioxidants.
Sunflower seeds contain vitamin E, a potent antioxidant, copper, which is an important mineral for maintaining hair, skin, bone, and joint health, magnesium, and monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.
- 200g smoked salmon
- 6 asparagus spears
- ¼ cup fat-free cream cheese
- ¼ cup fat-free yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Lifestyle Food Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tbsp basil
- 2 tsp Lifestyle Food Sunflower Seeds
- 2 cups rocket and lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 sweet pepper, sliced
- 2 wholewheat wraps
- Lifestyle Food Fine Sea Salt
- Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus. In a covered large saucepan, cook asparagus spears in a small amount of boiling lightly salted water for 3-5 minutes or until crisp. Drain and plunge into ice water to cool quickly. Drain again; pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, lemon juice, yoghurt and cayenne pepper. Fold in flaked salmon and basil.
- Spread the mixture on the wraps.
- Sprinkle on the sunflower seeds and sweet pepper slices.
- Fold and serve.