Raspberry Lemon Cupcakes
Cupcakes are the perfect snack. Small enough to enjoy on the go, but versatile enough to be packed with your favourite flavours and toppings.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 8-10 people
- 1 cup Lifestyle Food Gluten-Free Self-Raising Flour
- ¾ cup Lifestyle Food Gluten-Free Cake Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp Lifestyle Food Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Lifestyle Food Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup Lifestyle Food Almond Milk
- 1 cup odourless oil like canola
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup soft margarine
- 3-4 cups icing sugar
- ¼ cup raspberries mashed
- Pink food colouring
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Raspberries for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Add the flours to a bowl, add in the sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl mix the wet ingredients together and pour this into the dry ingredients, mix well with a spatula.
- Pour into paper muffin cases in a muffin tray ¾ of the way and bake for 12-15 minutes, remove to cool before frosting.
- For the frosting, beat or cream together the icing ingredients until smooth and then scoop into a piping bag with nozzle of choice.
- Frost the cupcakes and then decorate with more raspberries and lemon zest on top.