Oolong Tea cake
Elevate Your tea time: Indulge in the delicate harmony of flavours with our irresistible Oolong Tea Cake recipe. A culinary journey to savour, slice by slice
2 to 3 oolong tea bags (the more tea bags, the stronger the flavour)
2 1/4 cup self rising flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup golden syrup (extra for topping)
2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar or Lemon Juice
1/3 cup melted refined coconut oil
1/2 cup almond or macadamia flour
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a small bread pan with parchment paper or
2. Steep 2 oolong Tea Bags in 1 cup hot coconut or almond milk or water. Steep so it’s extra
concentrated. Set aside.
3. Sift flour and coconut sugar together into a large bowl. Add in the the remaining dry
ingredients: baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt. Mix to combine.
4. Add wet ingredients, one at a time, to the dry mix, starting with tea infused milk, then
coconut oil, syrup, vanilla, and vinegar. Gently mix together.
5. Lastly, fold in 1/4 cup floured almonds, pour the batter into prepared loaf pan.
6. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until toothpick or knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
If the bread starts to brown around edges, but is still not cooked through, cover with foil
and continue to bake.
7. Remove pan from oven and let cool completely, drizzle extra syrup on top and optional
8. Slice and serve. If you’re not serving right away, wrap in foil or keep in airtight container
until ready to serve.