Mince & Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Looking for a healthy and substantial meat-free comfort food main dish? This mince and quinoa stuffed peppers recipe is a great option.
- 500g beef mince
- 3 whole peppers, red or yellow, halved lengthwise and de-seeded
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 ½ tsp Lifestyle Food Paprika
- 1 can mixed beans, drained
- 1 can sweetcorn, drained
- Fresh coriander chopped
- 1 cup Lifestyle Food Quinoa cooked in vegetable stock according to packet instructions
For the toppings
- Sour cream
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C.
- Brush the de-seeded and halved peppers lightly with olive oil. Bake face down on a baking tray for 15 minutes.
- Fry the garlic gently in olive oil for 1 minute then add the mince and spices. Cook stirring for about 5 minutes until the mince has broken up and browned evenly. Allow to cool slightly.
- Mix the drained beans, sweetcorn, and fresh coriander, season and stir into the cooked quinoa. Add in the cooked mince and mix well.
- Remove the peppers from the oven after 15 minutes and turn them so the open sides are up. Fill them with alternating layers of the quinoa and mince mix and grated cheese until they are full.
- Return to the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes until the peppers are cooked and the top layer of cheese is sizzling.
- To serve, top with guacamole, sour cream, and more fresh coriander.