Delicious Easter Hot Cross Bun Pancakes
Sometimes in life, two perfectly delicious snacks come together to create the ultimate snack. This Easter, it happens to be hot cross buns and pancakes. You’re welcome.
- 1 cup sweet potato steamed
- 3/4 cup unsweetened Lifestyle Food Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Lifestyle Food Maple Flavoured Syrup + more for drizzling on top
- 1 teaspoon Lifestyle Food Coconut Oil + more for coating the pan
- ¾ cup Lifestyle Food All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Biogen Sweet Potato Bulk Protein Powder
- 1 ½ tsp Lifestyle Food Baking Powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- Raisins (optional)
- Pecan nuts
- Cut the sweet potato into cubes and boil in water until soft (approx. 20 minutes).
- In a bowl, mash or blend the cubed sweet potato and add the milk, syrup, and coconut oil.
- Add the flour, protein powder and baking powder to the wet ingredients. Whisk until incorporated. Fold in the raisins. Let the batter sit for a few minutes.
- Coat a flat pan or griddle with oil and heat it up to medium to low heat. Add a small bit of pancake batter. (Reserve some of the batter to make the cross on top)
- Let it cook until the middle becomes bubbly and the corners set, then flip with a spatula. Add the cross-section on top and flip again to cook.
- Let it cook on the other side until done. Repeat for all the pancakes.
- Stack the pancakes, sprinkle with icing sugar, pecan nuts and drizzle with Lifestyle Food Maple Flavoured Syrup.