Black Forest Tart
Looking for a no-bake tea time treat? We recommend trying this Black Forest Tart.
- 1 packet Lifestyle Foods Sugar-Free Chocolate Cookies
- 1/3 cup vegan butter or melted coconut oil
- 1 cup de-seeded dark cherries
- 1 cup cashew or almond butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey or syrup
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200ml coconut cream
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup honey/syrup
- Pinch of salt
- More cacao powder
- Fresh cherries
1. Crush the cookies inside a ziplock bag, mix them with the melted vegan butter or coconut oil and press them into the parchment paper-lined tart tin of choice. Place in the fridge to set.
2. Melt together the ganache ingredients and whisk until smooth.
3. Arrange the cherries onto the tart base and then pour the melted ganache over the cherries, smooth out and place in the fridge to set.
4. Blend all of the frosting ingredients together until smooth, scoop into a piping bag with a flat nozzle and chill slightly before frosting the tart.
5. Dust the tart with more cacao powder and decorate it with fresh cherries.