Vegan Pecan Pie
Looking for some dessert inspiration just in time for Christmas? We’ve got your back with this yummy pecan pie recipe.
- 1 sheet store-bought shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups pecans nuts
- 1 ½ cups coconut sugar
- 1 cup honey or golden syrup
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato or cooked pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Vegan ice cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Roll out the pastry and measure out the dough accordingly to your tart tin, line the bottom with parchment paper and fill the tart tin with the pastry dough, slice off the excess dough. Poke with a fork and blind-bake the pastry for 15 minutes. Remove to cool.
- Add all of the filling ingredients except the pecans to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan and let it simmer to thicken for about 15 minutes on medium, whisking now and again.
- Pour the pecans onto the baked pastry bottom and then the filling over the pecans, mix well until the pecans are covered and then decorate the top with more pecans.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes at 175 degrees Celsius until golden, remove to cool before removing from the mould.
- Serve With ice cream.