Trout and Avocado Dutch Baby
In case you didn’t know, a Dutch Baby is basically a pancake that doubles as almost a pie crust. It can be sweet or savoury and forms the base of so many delicious dishes.
For the dutch baby:
¾ cup cake flour
¾ Lifestyle Food Oat Milk
1 pinch salt
2 tbs chopped parsley
1 tbs chopped capers
1 tsp garlic flakes
1 cup spinach
- In a pan on the stove cook the trout fillet with the lemon juice and black pepper until cooked through but not dry. I like to cook it for about 5 minutes on the bottom and about 3 once flipped. Remember it will keep cooking in its own heat.
- Heat the oven to 225°C. Place a large cast-iron pan in the oven with 3 tablespoons of oil and allow to heat up.
- In the meantime, in a bowl whisk together all the dutch baby ingredients until smooth and well combined.
- Take the hot pan out of the oven and pour the egg mixture in and place it back into the oven. Cook for about 20 minutes. You will see the mixture rise up the sides of the pan and the center get beautiful folded.
- Mash the avocado and wilt the spinach in a pan.
- Once the dutch baby comes out of the oven you need to move quickly and get it served.
- Smear on the avocado, add the wilted greens, the trout, black pepper, rocket, and chopped chives.
- Serve and enjoy!