Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese
Comfort food redefined: Dive into the creamy goodness of gluten-free Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese.
• 2 cups Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 3 medium)
• 1 cup chopped Onion
• 1 cup chopped Carrots
• 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
• 1 teaspoon Salt
• LSF corn macaroni Pasta
• 1 1/2 cups vegan Cheddar Cheese, shredded
• 4 Tablespoons vegan butter or margarine, melted
• 1 cup sourdough or brown Breadcrumbs
• 2 cloves Garlic, minced or 1 tsp garlic flakes
• 1 Tablespoon finely chopped Fresh Sage (substitute 1 teaspoon dried sage)
• 3 cups Vegetable Broth
• 1 cup coconut crem
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Toss the sweet potatoes, onion, and carrots in olive oil and salt. Spread out on a large sheet
pan and roast in the oven until tender, turning with a spatula halfway through cooking, 25 to
3. Once the vegetables are in the oven, bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Cook
the pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
4. In a blender or food processor, combine the broth & coconut cream with the roasted
vegetables. Blend until smooth, adding some water if needed to help everything blend. Stir the
sweet potato mixture and cheese into the cooked pasta.
5. Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or rub it with some olive oil. Spread the pasta
out in the dish.
6. Combine the melted butter, panko, garlic, and chopped sage leaves. Sprinkle the
breadcrumbs over the pasta.
7. Bake, uncovered, at 180 degrees Celsius until the pasta is bubbling around the edges and the
topping is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Serve warm.