Protein Oat Bar
Looking for the perfect breakfast snack? Here’s a delicious Protein Oaty Bar recipe that’ll satisfy your mid-morning cravings.
250g Lifestyle Food Coconut Oil
50g Lifestyle Food Honey
180g desiccated coconut
400g Lifestyle Food Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
120g whey protein, chocolate flavour
Lifestyle Food Xylitol (optional)
1 tsp Lifestyle Food Cinnamon
½ tsp salt
100g Lifestyle Food Raw Mixed Nuts (optional)
1½ tsp Lifestyle Food Bicarbonate of Soda dissolved in 60ml Lifestyle Food soya milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Spray a rectangular 23x33cm pan with non-stick spray.
2. Place coconut oil and honey in a pot and melt together on low heat for about 2 minutes.
3. Add coconut, oats, chocolate whey protein, xylitol, cinnamon, salt and nuts.
4. Add the bicarb/milk mixture last. Mix all ingredients thoroughly on low heat for 1 minute.
5. Press into baking pan.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
7. Cut into squares when cooled.