Oats and Berries Smoothie
Strapped for time? Blitz up this power smoothie for a fibre-packed on-the-go breakfast.
Why we love it:
Rolled oats have a lower glycaemic index (GI) than the processed instant variety. This means a sustained release of energy throughout your morning, instead of a blood sugar spike that can leave you tired by mid-morning.
- ¼ cup Lifestyle Food Rolled Oats
- ¼ cup frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup unflavoured yoghurt
- ¼ cup Lifestyle Food Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ½ cup ice
- Blueberries pack an antioxidant punch as they’re rich in anthocyanin, a flavonoid with potent antioxidant properties.
- Pour ½ cup water into the rolled oats and allow to soak for about 15 minutes.
- Add soaked oats, frozen berries, ice, almond milk and yoghurt into a blender.
- Blend until smooth and frothy.