Chia Seed & Avo Smoothie Bowl
Tried of drinking your smoothie? Try a smoothie bowl for a change in consistency, without sacrificing your nutrient intake.
Why we love it:
Chia seeds are a rich source of fibre, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals. The seeds are also a great plant-based source of protein because they contain all nine essential amino acids.
- 1 cup Lifestyle Food Rice Milk
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp Lifestyle Food Xylitol
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- 1 tsp Lifestyle Food Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp Lifestyle Food Choice Grade Honey
- ½ cup ice
- Blend the rice milk, ½ of the banana, ice, avocado, and 1 teaspoon of the xylitol until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with the blueberries, kiwi, chia seeds, remaining ½ banana, and a drizzle of honey.
Cinnamon is a popular spice that boasts numerous health benefits. It contains a highly beneficial compound called cinnamaldehyde, which is responsible for most of cinnamon’s powerful health-promoting benefits and its effects on metabolism. It is also loaded with powerful antioxidants such as polyphenols, and is has anti-inflammatory properties.