EMBRACING A NEW WAY OF EATING CAN PROVE CHALLENGING. THE KEY TO SUCCESS AND SUSTAINABILITY REQUIRES A SIMPLE APPROACH THAT MAKES IT EASIER TO FOLLOW YOUR NEW DIET PLAN.
Simplify your keto lifestyle with these tasty yet easy-to-prepare recipes. These delectable meal options integrate easily into a busy lifestyle and will get you through your morning with abundant energy and razor-sharp focus.
PEANUT BUTTER BALLS
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/3 cup xylitol
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ tsp Himalayan rock salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds, for topping
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 160° and line a large baking sheet with wax paper.
- Combine the butter and xylitol until fluffy. Stir in peanut butter until smooth, then whisk in the egg yolk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour and salt, then fold it into the wet mixture until it achieves a doughy consistency. Scoop the dough onto prepared paper sheet with a small ice-cream scoop, and don’t forget to sprinkle the cookies with salt and almonds. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
DID YOU KNOW: When you reach a state of ketosis, your body starts to function optimally on substances called ketone bodies instead of glucose.
- 1 cup coffee, freshly brewed
- MCT oil or coconut oil
- Grass-fed butter or keto coffee creamer
- Full cream dairy or coconut milk (optional)
- Stevia (optional)
How to make it
- Grind your preferred coffee beans – organic options are preferable.
- Boil your kettle and set boiling water aside to cool before brewing coffee.
- Make your coffee using your preferred method – plunger or pour-overs are convenient if you don’t have a coffee machine to make espresso. Allow your coffee to steep for about 4 minutes. Stir in MCT or coconut oil and grass-fed butter (and cream if you’re including it). Sprinkle cinnamon over and enjoy.
Keto coffees are revered among low-carb dieters for its ability to keep you feeling full and for its energy density, which can keep you going all morning.
- 3 heads of broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup grated cheddar
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 150ml sugar-free mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Himalayan rock salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make it
- In a medium pot or saucepan, bring 6 cups of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli florets to the boiling water and cook until tender – usually 1-2 minutes.
- Remove, drain and place in a bowl of ice water. Once cool, drain florets in a colander.
- In a medium bowl, combine dressing ingredients and whisk. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl and pour over dressing. Toss until ingredients are combined and coated in dressing. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Broccoli is the perfect keto-friendly base ingredient for your salad because it’s high in fibre, which reduces it’s total carb content.
Originally published on Dis-Chem Living Fit.