Homemade Energy Snack Bars
Looking for a tasty pick-me-up to get you through the day? Give this homemade energy snack bar recipe a try!
These nutrient-dense snack bars are the ideal treat to get the job done.
- ¾ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup almonds
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup dried blueberries
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup dates
- Pinch of salt
Chia seeds are loaded with vitamins and minerals, are an excellent source of fibre, and antioxidants, and are the richest plant source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Add the nuts, seeds and oats to a food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
- Remove ¾ cup of the powder mixture.
- Add the dates to the mixture in the blender and blitz until chopped. The mixture should stick together.
- Add the blueberries and vanilla essence and blitz until mixed.
- Add the remaining powder mixture and blitz until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased baking tray, cover and refrigerate.
- Cut into bars and enjoy.