Double Chocolate Zucchini Loaf
Perfect as a quick breakfast or snack on the go, this zucchini loaf is a winner all round.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup grated & squeezed zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)*
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup plant milk
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour (or more all-purpose flour)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- More chocolate chips to top
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a bread pan with parchment paper or non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together mashed banana, zucchini, oil, milk, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, spices, baking soda, cacao powder, and salt, and use a spatula to combine.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and top with more chocolate chips to your liking.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool completely before slicing.