Açai Blueberry Muffins
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Baking time: 25 minutes
- 500g whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup Lifestyle Food Coconut Sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup açai powder
- ½ cup blueberries
- 500ml soya milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Acai berries are rich in antioxidants, and by adding the concentrated powder to your muffin mix, you can reap the benefits.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the milk, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla and let it curdle for 5 minutes.
- Pour the wet into the dry, mix well and then add in the açai berry powder and the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into a paper-lined muffin tin or spray with non-stick spray, fill ¾ of the way, sprinkle on more sugar and bake for 18-25 minutes until brown.
- Remove to cool and serve at room temperature.
Lifestyle Food Coconut Sugar is a plant-based sweetener that reduces the risk of blood sugar spikes due to its inulin content.