Almond, Cinnamon and Plum French Toast
Breakfast, brunch, or even dinner, this French Toast recipe from An Earthen Life is a treat every time.
2 tsp vanilla essence
½ cup Lifestyle Food Soy Milk
½ loaf Ciabatta or sourdough bread
½ cup sugar
1 tsp Lifestyle Food Cinnamon
For the sour plum sauce:
3 plums pitted and chopped
1 cup water
- To make the plum sauce bring the chopped plum and water to the boil, then reduce and simmer until it thickens. I like to keep mine sour, but you can add ¼ cup sugar if you want to make it sweet and jammier in texture.
- For the French toast, whisk the eggs, milk, and vanilla essence together. Then cut the bread into thick slices and then into large cubes.
- Dip the cubes into the egg mixture and let it soak up the egg, turn the bread to make sure it is coated on all sides.
- Then dip the coated bread into the almond flour and place in an oiled pan to fry and turn golden brown on all sides.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and toss each fried French toast cube into the sugar mix.
- Serve with the plum sauce for dipping.