Tropical Citrus Smoothie Bowl
Nothing screams summer like a fresh, bright, cool and creamy smoothie bowl for breakfast!
Colourful, fresh produce not only looks enticing but also tastes great and is packed full of nutrients like vitamins, antioxidants and enzymes.
Freezing some of your fruit ingredients also helps to create the thick consistency you want in a smoothie bowl, with some coolness to leave you feeling refreshed and ready to start your day.
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, frozen
- 1 cup mango chunks, frozen
- 1 banana
- ½ cup coconut yoghurt
- ½ cup Lifestyle Food Coconut Milk
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 spoon Lifestyle Food Whey Protein, unflavoured
- 1 juiced orange
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Lifestyle Food Honey
Pineapples are a delicious tropical fruit that contain fibre, manganese, calcium and vitamins C and B6. They also contain bromelain, an enzyme that aids with protein digestion.
- ¼ pineapple, sliced
- Handful of almonds
- Shredded coconut
Coconut milk is lactose-free, which makes it an ideal milk substitute. It contains a beneficial fat called lauric acid, a medium-chain fatty acid that is easily absorbed and metabolised for energy.
- Wash all fruits.
- Place all the ingredients in your high-speed blender and pulse until thick.
- Transfer smoothie mixture to a serving bowl.
- Top with honey and garnish with coconut, almonds and watermelon and lemon slices.